Careers in Communication Sciences & Disorders
Bachelor of Science Degree in
Communication Sciences and Disorders

What jobs are available?

Speech-language pathologist, Research, Administration, Assistive Tehcnology.

Who employs students with this major?
  • Public schools
  • Hospitals and HMO/PPO
  • Private practices or public clinics
  • Nursing homes
  • University speech/hearing clinics
  • Private rehabilitation companies
  • Home health agencies
Good skills or traits for students with this major:
  • Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
  • Develop good problem solving skills.
  • Develop ability to work on a team of professionals.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:

Obtain Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in speech-language pathology or audiology from American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) by:
  • Obtain a Master's degree at an accredited university program (Western has this Master's program).
  • Pass the NTE Specialty Examination (ASHA exam).
  • Complete a Clinical Fellowship year.
Websites to visit:

Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services