Careers in Communication Sciences & Disorders
Bachelor of Science Degree in
Communication Sciences and Disorders
What jobs are available?
Speech-language pathologist, Research, Administration, Assistive Tehcnology.
Who employs students with this major?
- Public schools
- Hospitals and HMO/PPO
- Private practices or public clinics
- Nursing homes
- University speech/hearing clinics
- Private rehabilitation companies
- Home health agencies
Good skills or traits for students with this major:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Develop good problem solving skills.
- Develop ability to work on a team of professionals.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
Obtain Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in speech-language pathology or audiology from American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) by:
- Obtain a Master's degree at an accredited university program (Western has this Master's program).
- Pass the NTE Specialty Examination (ASHA exam).
- Complete a Clinical Fellowship year.
Websites to visit: