In spring 2008, members of Dr. Lydia Aydlett's freshman seminar class and WCU faculty and friends embarked on a 10-day service-learning trip in Panama. To learn about the trip's activities, accomplishments, and outcomes, view this presentation (PowerPoint).
Browse the links below for examples of community outreach and engagement.
- WCU Senior develops mobile web app for Catawba County Government based on a class project
- Constitution Day Photos: Students host voter registration drive, dress in colonial attire
- Honors College supports Cullowhee revitalization
- Community service tops 16,000 hours in honor of Homecoming
- WCU named to national honor roll for service
- Students to volunteer in Central America projects
- Student volunteers to spend spring break in Chicago
- Professor selected to Olympic Park Institute Board, N.C. coastal panel
- Professor serves on advisory council for UNC Tomorrow Commission
- Craft digitization project attracts funding and thousands of visitors
- WCU partners with the Cherokee Preservation Fund
- A Western nursing contingent helps provide medical care for the people of rural Honduras
- Community and campus join forces to revitalize Old Cullowhee
- Engagement at the Public Policy Institute, Power Point by Chris Cooper
- Great Smoky Mountains Railroad Economic Impact Study
For more recent examples, visit the engagement news page.