Last year, WCU underwent a comprehensive strategic planning initiative. Based on the findings from that initiative, the 2020 Commission recommended that one of WCU's core strategic directions should be to "invest in our people." A specific part of this goal includes Initiative 4.2.5, which states that we will "establish a campus leadership academy to cultivate faculty and staff leaders." The WCU Leadership Academy was created in response to these goals and initiatives.
The Office of the Provost is pleased to announce that the inaugural WCU Leadership Academy will take place in the 2013-2014 academic year.
The WCU Leadership Academy exists to develop effective leaders for WCU, to better support WCU's mission to serve our community, our region, and our world.
The WCU Leadership Academy was founded to:
- Enhance the leadership, communication, strategic, interpersonal, and managerial skills of high potential faculty and staff on the WCU campus.
- Prepare leaders who can guide the university through challenges and opportunities as we achieve the goals of our 2020 Strategic plan.
- Build professional relationships among current and future leaders of the university.
- Invest in our people through meaningful opportunities for professional development.
- Strengthen WCU's role as a steward of the region by increasing partnerships between WCU and the wider community.
The WCU Leadership Academy is a WCU-based, year-long program for 8-15 members of WCU's full-time faculty and staff. Participants will be selected through a rigorous process overseen by the WCU Leadership Academy Steering Committee.
The WCU Leadership Academy Steering Committee will meet each spring to determine the theme and calendar of events, oversee the nomination and selection processes, determine any changes to the program, and consider other relevant issues.
The WCU Leadership Academy Steering Committee consists of representative appointed by the Office of the Provost, the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, the Faculty Senate Chair, the Staff Senate Chair, and one ex-officio member from the Coulter Faculty Commons.
For more information on the WCU Leadership Academy, please contact Laura Cruz, Director of the Coulter Faculty Commons at 828-227-2093 or email@example.com.