A special $1,000 cash award will be given each year to recognize an SPA or EPA non-faculty employee who has demonstrated consistent, exceptional service and has helped energize and enhance staff spirit and morale. Recipients must be permanent employees who have demonstrated consistent, exceptional service to and a positive attitude toward students, staff and their work; a willingness to go beyond the expectations of the job; a superior work performance; and a cooperative spirit that inspires and engages others in their work.
- All current SPA and EPA non-faculty employees who are permanent, full-time at WCU as of December 31st of the prior year are eligible. Those in doubt of an employee's eligibility may call the Office of Human Resources at 227-7218 for assistance.
- Previous recipients will not be eligible for this award for a period of five years. (2013 - Joshua G. Whitmore; 2012 - Andy DeGrove; 2011 - Barbara L. Schade; 2010 - Amy L. McKenzie; 2009 - William Carter)
- The recipient of the award will receive $1,000 and a plaque commemorating his or her selection. This award will be announced during the Spring Awards Convocation.
- Any current WCU faculty, staff or student may make one nomination per year. Each nominator must complete an individual nomination form for the current year.
- Group endorsements and petitions will not be accepted. Campus-wide letter campaigns to solicit nominations in support of any employee are not permitted.
- Persons nominated for the award may not participate in the selection of the award winner.
- Nominations should be submitted through the integrated awards process. However, a hard copy nomination form is available. Each nomination must include a minimum of two paragraphs supporting the nomination and include the nominator's name and title. Incomplete nominations will not be accepted by the committee. Any additional information or hard copy nomination may be submitted through campus mail to: Star Staff Award, Office of the Chancellor, 501 HFR Administration Building.
- Deadline for nominations is Tuesday, February 04, 2014
- The selection committee will be composed of: one SPA or EPA non-faculty employee from each division (Academic Affairs, Administration and Finance, Chancellor’s Division, Student Affairs), the previous chair of the committee, and a previous recipient. Appointments to the committee will be made by the Chancellor / Chancellor’s designee. Appointments in the following job classifications are encouraged: Executive/Administrative, Professional, Technical, Clerical/Secretarial, Craftsmen and Maintenance/Service. Each committee member, with the exception of the previous year’s recipients, will serve for a period of two years.