Departments and units may apply or be nominated for Program of Excellence Awards by submission of the appropriate information in the following format:
1. Name of Unit:
2. Unit mission statement and a brief description of the role and scope of the unit’s responsibilities:
3. Distinction, accomplishments, and sustained effort which warrant recognition as a unit of excellence. Indicate the duration of this effort or accomplishment.
4. Describe how the unit’s distinctions and accomplishments (#3) support the mission and goals of the University (see http://planning.wcu.edu/planning.htm)
5. Describe the collaborative effort of the unit members which was necessary to bring about these accomplishments or distinctions.
6. Positive on-campus impact of the unit’s distinction, accomplishment, or effort and the current importance to the University.
7. Off-campus impact and contemporary significance of the distinction or accomplishments if appropriate (more appropriate for academic award of excellence).
Please limit your description and explanations to not more than three (3) double-spaced typewritten pages. Submit the application or nomination to Dr. Sam Miller, Vice-Chancellor of Student Affairs, who will review the applications and nominations, endorse, and forward them to the selection committee.