Join us on Saturday, September 27, 2014, for a vibrant festival day here in the mountains of North Carolina!
The 40th annual Mountain Heritage Day is a combination old-fashioned mountain fair and showcase for Southern Appalachian music, arts, dance and song, with the atmosphere of a big family reunion
On the campus of Western Carolina University, the festival features:
- 3 live stages featuring bluegrass, old-time, gospel and dance
- 100 + Juried, Handmade Arts and Crafts Booths
- Cherokee Stickball Games
- Shapenote Singin'
- Heritage Craft Demonstrations
- Chainsaw Competition
- Canning, Baking, & Recipe Contests
- Children's Activities
- Tractor & Horse & Mule Wagon Rides
- Musical Workshops
- Antique Car Show
- Plenty of Yummy Festival Food
Bring a blanket or chair - Admission and parking are free!
Pets are not allowed at the festival, but service animals are welcome
2014 Applications for Arts & Crafts and Food Vendors coming soon