Maintenance, repair, and upkeep services are provided for all exterior, paved surfaces and campus grounds. The function of the Grounds Shop is to perform a number of specialized services such as horticultural services and landscaping.
Grounds Maintenance is responsible for basic maintenance and routine operational grounds care and landscaping services for the university. The Grounds Maintenance Shop and the Greenhouse are staffed year around by full time grounds workers, landscape specialists, and heavy equipment operators.
Examples of grounds care maintenance tasks are:
- Lawn care, edging, debris removal and weed trimming
- Shrub pruning and tree trimming
- Flower bed maintenance and plantings
- Watering trees, shrubs and flowerbeds
- Care for building interior plants
- Greenery setups for special events
- Removing deadwood from trees
- Collecting and disposing of leaves
- Emptying trash from outside waste receptacles
- Snow and ice removal from pedestrian walks, campus streets and parking lots
The majority of grounds maintenance services are performed during the hours of 7:00
a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Facilities Management makes every effort
to coordinate grounds maintenance operations so as to have the least noise and disruptive
impact upon student housing and academic classroom activities as possible.