WCU's Carbon Paw Print, Did You Know?
- The installation of low-flow water fixtures saves WCU $3,406 a month.
- The temperature of campus buildings is reduced to 55 degrees when not in use.
- The campus has six neighborhood electric vehicles.
- We have reached the NC Energy Mandate to reduce our Energy Consumption 30% by the year 2015.
- Petroleum usage was reduced more than 20% by purchasing electric vehicles and using E10 Gasohol.
To learn more, check out Sustainable Initiatives at WCU… Reducing Our Carbon “Paw Print” (PowerPoint)